PROCESS SAFETY AND RISK
Achieving safe processes and operations requires a disciplined framework for managing the integrity of operating systems and processes to prevent and control events which have the potential to release hazardous materials and energy.
Process safety is built upon good design principles, as well as detailed and thorough operating and maintenance practices.
The Risk Assessment process provides the means of evaluating and ranking hazards, allowing critical risk drivers to be identified and then identify those controls which are crucial to achieving risk levels which are tolerable to an organisation and enables better decision making with regard to overall management of risk.
The key stages related to Process Safety and Risk are:
- Detailed Hazard Identification (HAZID)
- Hazard and Operability studies (HAZOP); plus
- A range of Safety in Design assessments which can include:
- Dangerous Goods assessments;
- Safety system design;
- Operation and maintenance studies; and or
- Preparation of Safety Cases.
2TSustainabilty can assist clients to achieve their process safety goals by facilitating the bringing together experienced operators and technical safety practitioners with highly specialized skills and knowledge, to conduct detailed risk based studies.
We can support you with the following:
- HAZOP, HAZID and Design Reviews
- Risk Workshop Facilitation
- Operations and Maintenance Studies
- Risk Assessment and ALARP
- Process Event / Incident Investigation
- Safety Audits
- Process Safety and Risk Studies